A nationally accredited preschool
6774 Hawaii Kai Dr. • Honolulu, HI 96825
AT A GLANCE
- Enrollment: 119
- Center Director: Lori-Lei Tagami
- Open year-round 7am - 5pm
- Ages 2 (in diapers) - 5 years
- Special programs available: ½ day (8am - 1pm)
- Extended hours available: Morning (6:30am-7:00am) or Afternoon (5pm-5:30pm)
- Nationally accredited by the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC)
Architecturally designed with the input of early childhood specialists, Kuapa offers a bright, airy, open classroom learning environment to toddlers, threes, and fours, in both full and half-day programs. Its spacious, shady playground features a play structure, winding tricycle path and large wooden deck for relaxing.
Enrichment programs available include: Japanese Language and Culture, Keiki Computer, Introduction to Swimming (Summer only), Menehune Tennis, and Dance/Movement Classes.
All staff meet State licensing requirements.
During the early 1970s, KCAA felt that there might be a need for additional preschools on Oahu. The Board commissioned a survey and found that there were communities in need of childcare facilities. The growing suburban area of Hawaii Kai had the most urgent need. In 1976, Kuapa welcomed its first class of children.